The JCESC Virtual Learning Academy (VLA) program is the solution!
- JCESC has VLA contracts in 51 Ohio counties and is present in all 50 states and 23 countries.
- VLA offers over 90 K-12 courses, including core subjects and electives.
- Every VLA course is 100% aligned to Ohio's content standards.
- VLA has enrolled over 60,000 students since inception.
District Advantages for Using VLA as a Credit Flex Option
- Districts determine rules and regulations for students' obtaining Credit Flex credits.
- All VLA courses are online and can be accessed any time, from any place.
- Every VLA course has individual unit assessments, as well as the option to "test out" with a Comprehensive Course Exam.
- Districts can use their own teachers to grade, or they can use JCESC's pool of highly qualified teachers.
- Minimal pricing is effective July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2019.
- Comprehensive Course Exam Test-Out Options are $75 per student, per exam.
- Exam(s), graded by a VLA highly qualified teacher, cost $35.
- VLA is electronically based and allows for easy tracking and recording of courses, grades, seat time, etc.
- The VLA system is housed with 24-hour backups at an off-site, secure facility.
Credit Flex Course Offerings
- VLA offers Credit Flex exams for all of our VLA courses (Grades 9-12).
- You can view the full course listing here. VLA Courses
- JCESC was awarded ESC Accreditation by the AdvancED Commission June 22, 2010.
- JCESC is the fourth ESC in the state and the eighth in the nation to be awarded AdvancED Accreditation.
- AdvancED is the parent organization of the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI).
For more information, please contact Shaye Casper Nemeth at [email protected] or 740-283-3347. You can also visit our website for course listings and additional information (www.jcesc.k12.oh.us).